Postcards of a long defunct Southern Ohio College?

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by Joe2007, Mar 14, 2022.

1. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

Trying to do some research on these postcards I recently added to my collection. My searching on the web suggests that these cards could be fairly scarce postcards of the long defunct Alfred Holbrook College located in Manchester, Ohio.

Can anyone confirm this? Thanks - Joe2007.

postcards holbrock college 1.jpg postcards holbrock college 2.jpg postcards holbrock college 3.jpg postcards holbrock college 4.jpg

Firemandk and Lucille.b like this.
  2. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

Not to state the obvious, but the building in the link you provided is a match to the front building in the West View of Holbrook Campus card.

From Manchester Historical's FB page, a shot of the library building in your card:
    [​IMG]

Looks like a Freemason's Logo on the side.

Firemandk and Lucille.b like this.
  3. Firemandk

Firemandk Well-Known Member

Wish I could read the signage on those trailers...those look like pretty unique trailers for that time period......

4. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

I found another photo of one of the trailers. I believe it has Kroger (grocery store) on the left. They opened shop in 1883 in Cincinnati, OH. On the bottom glass on the right, it says, "It's our bacon"

Kroger.jpg

5. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

In the last photo posted by @sabre123 , is that the Masonic square and compass above the middle window on the building?

Masonic square and compass.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted