Possible Qianlong Dynasty Porcelain Vase

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Jaymee, May 26, 2017.

1. Jaymee

Jaymee Member

Hello everyone, I would love your opinion on this vase I have. It is 33 cm high and I bought it at a car boot sale in France a few years ago because I thought it was pretty. Do you think it could be Qianlong Dynasty? I thought it might be after seeing the painting on the "double gourd pot" which I have posted a picture of below (photos of my pot are under it:

Not My Pot!
    an_underglaze-blue_and_yellow_enamelled_double_gourd_vase_qianlong_six_d6035700g (1).jpg

My Pot!
    Webp.net-resizeimage (8).jpg
    resizedyellow4.jpg resizedyellow3.jpg resizedyellow2.jpg

Thanks so much for having a look and sharing your thoughts and wisdom.

kindest regards
    Jaymee

judy and aaroncab like this.
  2. Ladybranch

Ladybranch Well-Known Member

Looks like one of the marks honoring the Da Qing Qianlong Nian Zhi period. "Meaning: "Great Qing Qianlong Period Make". Modern Chinese porcelain ... Date: Late 1960s to c. 1990." Look at #s 184, 513, 403, 377 on the following site.

A good 1/2 way down the page.
    http://gotheborg.com/marks/20thcenturychina.shtml

--- Susan

Any Jewelry and Jaymee like this.
  3. khl889

khl889 Well-Known Member

Modern beyond any shadow of a doubt.

The mark alone is dispositive. Probably 1980s, give or take ten years.

And to be blunt, on fine copies there's often an attempt to produce a mark that's elegant enough to pass at first glance as possibly authentic. No attempt here though to produce an elegant mark. That is, this was not made with any intention to fool.

4. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

To me it looks like Pier 1 or Bombay Company. Nice, but not an attempt to really look old, just meant to be pretty.

judy likes this.
  5. Jaymee

Jaymee Member

Awesome thanks guys!

judy likes this.
  6. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Certain Chinese dynastic marks were used in later times to refer to or as hommage to a great emperor or period. The reign of emperor Qianlong was an inportant period for Chinese arts, so you see those a lot.
    But as khl said, this is no attempt to deceive, no fake. And you can see the difference in quality with the real thing.

dgbjwc, judy and Jaymee like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted