Porcelain Textured Basket of Eggs

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by dgbjwc, Aug 20, 2021.

1. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hello Board Friends - I recently acquired this basket of eggs but have no idea how to start researching it. It measures a little over 5" across and 5 3/4" tall. The finish of the exterior is heavily textured. The upright part of the handle is wire which is pretty solidly attached. It looks like the eggs were added after the handle was attached. It seems impractical to be anything but a decorative object. The only mark is a written "38". Does anyone know if there is category for this type of item? Any help on the who, what, when, where would be most appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help.
    Don

IMG_20210820_165234217.jpg IMG_20210820_165240033.jpg IMG_20210820_165258226.jpg IMG_20210820_165309433.jpg

moreotherstuff likes this.
  2. Ce BCA

Ce BCA Well-Known Member

Look up 'coraline' for the texture type, glass beads over the substrate.

pearlsnblume likes this.
  3. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

That is lovely. I thought, and I may be wrong that some say that is a faux sugar like coating.

4. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

I was wondering if coraline would apply in this case. The coating doesn't look particularly dense.

5. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Thank you all for your responses. I'm including a close up of the decoration. It may be a overall form of coraline decoration but my experience with coraline is limited.
    IMG_20210821_111355240.jpg

Figtree3 and pearlsnblume like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted