Porcelain marked container dish

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by billyd3us, Nov 30, 2017.

1. billyd3us

billyd3us Thanks All my Friends

I have no idea what this is called, it looks like it used to have a lid. It is marked on the bottom but I cannot find this maker, can anyone here ?
    It is approx. 13 1/2" tall.

Thank You

Billy D. 042.JPG 032.JPG

2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Christmasjoy and Bakersgma like this.
  3. billyd3us

billyd3us Thanks All my Friends

Christmasjoy likes this.
  4. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

This is part of what would have been referred to as wash set for the bedroom. This piece would have definitely had a lid because it was what the chamber pot would have been dumped into to be taken out by the maid. It was commonly called a "slop jar". These sets could have included a bowl & pitcher set, a mug for shaving cream, a soap dish, a smaller pitcher, toothbrush holder, tumbler, a chamber pot & of course the slop jar.

Christmasjoy, popsycat and judy like this.
  5. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Christmasjoy and judy like this.
  6. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

The design around the edge of the mark is from the Order of the Garter:

upload_2017-12-1_13-11-49.png

Christmasjoy and judy like this.
  7. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Christmasjoy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted