Porcelain dishes Bavaria 30

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by JuBuenoF, May 23, 2022.

1. JuBuenoF

JuBuenoF New Member

Hi, I am a new member of this forum with little to no knowledge on antiquities. Helping my family getting rid of some old stuff from my grandparents´ house, I found these dishes, which apparently belonged to my great grandmother. I would like to know their value and to get more information on them, (I know absolutely nothing about them), and would really appreciate it if members from this forum could help me. They are both in a pretty good state and have a symbol that says Bavaria 30, (on one of the dishes the symbol is a bit worn out).
    IMG_20220523_145442.jpg IMG_20220523_145612.jpg IMG_20220523_145700.jpg IMG_20220523_145419.jpg

Attached Files:

Figtree3 likes this.
  2. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

This won't answer your question and to be honest I don't know exactly where this leads. Anyway, from the Porcelain Marks and More site, it shows a mark like yours and then says what it isn't.

Your mark
    upload_2022-5-23_10-34-3.png

https://www.porcelainmarksandmore.com/germany/bavaria/marktleuthen-01/index.php
    [​IMG]
    Example of a mark often claimed to be a Winterling Marktleuthen mark (which it is not, according to company information).

Attached Files:

Figtree3, Any Jewelry and Bakersgma like this.
  3. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

PLATE WIRES! Arg. The work of the devil.

Jaena likes this.
  4. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi @JuBuenoF, and WELCOME!!! Many members will usually suggest you get those wire plate hangars OFF the plates, as they're often responsible for chips, scratches and breaks on whatever they're holding.....just a suggestion!!:happy::)

komokwa likes this.
  5. JuBuenoF

JuBuenoF New Member

Thanks for the reply!!! Well, no at least I have a clue of where the mark comes from or at least of which mark the manufacturer tried to imitate. Lets see if someone else knows anything more.

6. JuBuenoF

JuBuenoF New Member

Thanks!!!, I´ll take your advice. As you have surely noticed, I´m not very knowledgeable about these topics :facepalm:

7. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

You need to take them off very very carefully so that you don't stress the plate. Ideally, cut the wire.

Aquitaine likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted