Porcelain De Paris Lamps

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Jb89, Oct 29, 2023.

1. Jb89

Jb89 Member

IMG_2058.jpeg IMG_2079.jpeg IMG_2081.jpeg IMG_2082.jpeg IMG_2078.jpeg Hi all,

I recently won some lamps from an auction. I love them! I am new to this antique realm, and was wondering what these would go for if I were to sell them? Any information on them would be so much appreciated. I’ve attached some images. They are in working condition. Thank you!

pearlsnblume likes this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

value is indeterminate at present ...

Jb89 likes this.
  3. Roaring20s

Roaring20s Well-Known Member

4. Jb89

Jb89 Member

Ooohhhh I know, I’m seeing various prices online

Roaring20s likes this.
  5. Jb89

Jb89 Member

I will say that these came from a rather wealthy estate auction.

6. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

Value is determined by sooooo many factors... especially with larger items like lamps.
    Where in the world are you located?
    Are you willing to ship to a buyer? It would be costly and difficult to do so safely.
    If limited to selling locally, values are greatly decreased. That's likely why you got them for a good price. (An assumption on my part.)
    Would you attempt to sell them yourself or utilize a dealer or auction house, both of which would take a significant cut of the money?

sabre123, komokwa, Jb89 and 1 other person like this.
  7. Jb89

Jb89 Member

Hi! I live in Canada. I understand, it’s difficult to know. I like them, but since I live in a small apartment not a ton of space. They are approx 31” high. This was my first time bidding on anything - at an online estate auction. To be honest, this estate auction had so many interesting expensive antique items! I really just am beginning to appreciate antiques, so I snagged these.
    I was able to take the lamp shade off and bubble wrap the lamp quite nicely (when I picked them up), but yes I understand the issue with shipping. I would be willing to, depending on the price.

Draft saved Draft deleted