Porcelain cup & saucer info

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Rayo56, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Rayo56

Rayo56 Well-Known Member

I'm guessing this is porcelain as it's translucent (you can see light through it) when held up to a light. My daughter gave this to me years ago and forgot I had it till I was cleaning out some cabinets downstairs.
    All the pictures are the same on the cup and the saucer - looks like a seated women handing something to a guy playing a guitar type instrument. It seems to be in great condition which makes me think it isn't real old, but who knows.

I don't know where to start a search for this item so any information would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to find out whether to display it in my china cabinet or put it back downstairs.

000_6970.jpg 000_6969.jpg 000_6968.jpg 000_6966.jpg

2. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

Try searching "Arnart Imports Japan". This looks like theirs and might have had a sticker at some point in time.

Rayo56 likes this.
  3. Rayo56

Rayo56 Well-Known Member

This is as close as I could find - seems much newer and not as detailed. Probably a later version from this one I posted. Close but no cigar!!! Thanks for a starting point but I still can't come up with what I have!

upload_2016-4-22_18-11-35.png

upload_2016-4-22_18-15-55.png

4. Mary Delaney

Mary Delaney Well-Known Member

I'm in agreement with the first poster. Arnart Imports, Japan.
    I've had a few pieces and that's definitely a mark associated with Arnart.

Rayo56 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted