Featured Porcelain Corn Cob Pill Box?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Marie Forjan, Aug 25, 2024.

1. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Hi all, I found this today at my local flea market, it was too cute to pass up at $3.00.

I did Google word search for "corn cob porcelain pill box", Google image and Worthpoint searches but nothing was quite a match. There were other pill boxes but different from this one.

It measures 2-1/2" long (6-1/2cm). The corn kernels are shiny glazed pale yellow, the husk is tan bisque. The metal looks bronze colored probably brass. There are no marks on the metal or the porcelain. The inside is unglazed white.

Am I right in thinking this is a pill box?

If anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you!!

CornCobBoxClosed.jpg CornCobBoxOpen1.jpg CornCobBoxOpen2.jpg

bercrystal, Marote, kentworld and 9 others like this.
  2. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

3. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

4. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

5. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

It's dead modern. The metal's all wrong for anything more than 30 or so years old, and I'd figure less than that if I found one in the wild.

mirana likes this.
  6. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

OMG! Thank you @TallCakes :)

I figured it wasn't old, I just think it's very cute! After just $3 to buy it I can sell it at the flea market for a bit of profit :)

Potteryplease, Marote and mirana like this.
  7. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

That first one is certainly a cringe-worthy title.

Draft saved Draft deleted