Porcelain column vase with greek/roman head

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Ratsy Brown, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Ratsy Brown

Ratsy Brown Well-Known Member

here i have a curiosity. It is a fairly basic but nicely painted roman/greek head in profile with some slightly worn gilt. There is no makers mark but there is some onvious age related wear to the base. Any thoughts welcomed. 5” tall

BDF4DA34-7BD0-46FA-B486-1F7F33AF03E8.jpeg
    8FA047C7-AF4B-4A99-AB8F-1174B1807CD1.jpeg
    DBB866EA-587C-41CA-A1BA-1B154005FDA8.jpeg
    13471065-1386-40A4-8F86-1721F11BBBDF.jpeg

2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Nice vase!! You can quite easily see the factory painted red lines and that the 'disc' of the figure was factory painted. But someone without a steady hand added red lines & scrolling, and some thick black around the image. Guess they wanted to "fancy it up" a bit. Still a nice vase........older, but can't guess as to age.....others will do better....

clutteredcloset49 likes this.
  3. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Are you sure that's pottery? Looks more like milk glass.

4. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Owned did you see the picture of the base?
    Pottery I think.

5. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

I agree with Aquitaine.
    Partly factory, partly amateur "enhanced".

KentWhirled likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted