Pocket Watch and Miniature Long Case Pocket Watch Holder

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by kentworld, Jul 7, 2014.

1. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Pix as per title:
    upload_2014-7-7_14-36-48.jpeg upload_2014-7-7_14-37-1.jpeg

Attached Files:

2. 42Skeezix

42Skeezix Moderator Moderator

Absolutely LOVE the watch stand. I've seen a few and this is among the nicer of them.
    Appears right as rain, circa.......sayyyyyy......early 19th.?

I LOVE the folky touch to the "high style" design. The craftsman's hand is evident in every detail.

Very nice:).

BTW How tall is it?

3. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

4. terry5732

terry5732 Well-Known Member

That's the case maker - not necessarily the watch maker

Street & Co was a retailer

5. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

The reason I phrased it that way is because the identification table specifically said "watch manufacturer." Note the one a few down on the table that says only "found on watch case" with no "watch manufacturers" in the last block.

6. kentworld

Thanks, Bakers! I knew that it was sterling and yes, it needs a polish. Great info. Probably not worth much, but it was in the pocket watch holder. I love the little long case clock -- missing a foot and a bit of molding. My friend has the molding, but hasn't found the foot yet. But yeah, it's really nice! I think it's about 8" - 9" tall.

7. afantiques

afantiques Well-Known Member

The holder is nice, common enough style around 1900, but the watch is a bit of a dog.

8. kentworld

Thanks, AF. Pretty much what I thought. The watch might sell on ebay if polished up enough. (I've got my grandfather's pocket watch which would look lovely in that case! ;) )

Draft saved Draft deleted