Please help with Bossons Pirate Head Wall Plaque

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Paul Lloyd, Jul 19, 2023.

1. Paul Lloyd

Paul Lloyd Member

Hello to all at Antiquers! Please can anyone help identify this Bossons wall plaque? I'm asking more so if this is a particularly rare one as I can't seem to find this anywhere online. I can find many different Bossons pirate heads but not this one. I suppose it may be the case that so many Bossons plaques were produced with many different characters that because I can't find this one doesn't mean it is rare?

Many thanks in advance for any help!

Attached Files:

Rclinftl and cxgirl like this.
  2. Paul Lloyd

Paul Lloyd Member

3. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

Looks rather newish to me, not so much like old chalkware - is it chalkware? It has a "resiny" appearance from the front.
    What does this writing say please?
    1.png

4. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Made in England.

Figtree3 and cxgirl like this.
  5. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

That does look like resin and not terribly old. Wonder if it's a knock-off. Have you compared marks and hook with that of genuine BOSSONS pieces, like this one?

Debora

s-l1600.jpg

Figtree3 and komokwa like this.
  6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

doesn't look legit from here !

7. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Anti, says something 'ENGLAND' from what I could make out with my head twisted.........

8. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

It looks fine to me. These do often have a sort of shiny look to them.

Figtree3, BoudiccaJones and cxgirl like this.
  9. John Brassey

John Brassey Well-Known Member

It looks good although I am not sure why Bossons' name is not on there -a competitor perhaps? Check out this fantastic Bossons site which shows every known figure. There is an email address on there, they may be able to put you right. let us know if they do. http://www.bossons.info/index.htm

Figtree3 likes this.
  10. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

I looked but couldn't find one - maybe try contacting these folks, looks like they are still active:)
    https://ibcs.wildapricot.org/

Figtree3 likes this.
  11. Rclinftl

Rclinftl Well-Known Member

I have always loved these masculine whimsical head busts - they were also made by a company called Legend Products or Legends Products in England that often used paper labels...

Figtree3 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted