Featured Please Help to ID Maker of this Awesome Large Lucite Bird Sculpture

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by ola402, Jan 1, 2020.

1. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

I bought this awesome Lucite Bird at a local auction in a "lot" that also included a Van Teal. This Bird is LARGE measuring 15 3/8" beak to tail, 9" high and 4" wide. He sits on a swivel base and moves to where you want to pose him. It is not signed. This is not an area of any expertise for me, I just like the lucite a lot. So I searched lucite birds high and low but could not find a single one like this. The only sculptures I could find that were even in the same ballpark were Team Guzzini, but nothing any closer than just similar. I believe this bird was originally purchased in the 1970s, based (guessed) on the age of the other items in the sale. Has anyone seen this before? I'd like an idea of who made it and when. TYIA!!

DSCF5327.jpg DSCF5328.jpg DSCF5329.jpg DSCF5332.jpg

KSW, pearlsnblume, Figtree3 and 3 others like this.
  2. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I like it! No good ideas on identifying the maker, though. I hope that somebody else can help.

KSW likes this.
  3. Firemandk

Firemandk Well-Known Member

First thing it made me think of was "The Partridge Family", definitely put a smile on my face !

download.jpg

KSW, pearlsnblume and Figtree3 like this.
  4. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

Ok, I'm assuming this is just your average decor item?? What I usually do with those is place them in my space at the antique mall and wait for someone to come around who likes it. Now to figure out what to charge for it. Hmmmm.

KSW likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted