Please, help me identify this needle etch glassware!

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Doot Boi, Dec 20, 2021.

1. Doot Boi

Doot Boi Well-Known Member

I recently went to a local goodwill, and found these 2 sherbert dishes for 6$! Only issue is I cant identify the pattern! I believe it is Libbey glass, due to the fact that's the company that is most commonly attributed. I already found the dead end Ebay and Replacments LTD listings. If it is Libbey, it is post 1924, as it does have a safety edge. Now I am probably wrong, but I have a hutch they may be Libbey-Nash :0! Anyways, on to the photos!
    20211220_185518.jpg 20211127_135854.jpg 20211220_190430.jpg

LauraGarnet02 and Any Jewelry like this.
  2. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

UNK1104 on replacements.com.

3. Doot Boi

As I said up above, I had already found that dead-end Replacements LTD listing. Thank you for the effort though! I was really hoping to find confirmation on the maker, and an exact pattern.

LauraGarnet02 likes this.
  4. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

Sorry, I thought "dead end" meant you didn't find it.

LauraGarnet02 likes this.
  5. Doot Boi

Ah, you're fine ;)

6. Doot Boi

What I meant by "Dead-end" is that it wasn't very helpful in the search (other than the pattern diagram)

7. Doot Boi

It looks a lot like Fostoria's "Spartan" series, but there are some key features that are incorrect, going from the stem and foot being wrong, to the main etching being much to wide, to the top and bottom scrolling being entirely wrong. Hell, Fostoria never even added safety edges to their glassware!

8. Doot Boi

Welp, to the next forum I go.

Draft saved Draft deleted