PLEASE HELP ME FIND THIS BOWL!

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by NWI Guy, Jul 29, 2023.

1. NWI Guy

NWI Guy New Member

Good evening all, I am new to the board and in desperate need of your help. This evening my 4.5 year old son broke his grandmothers family heirloom decorative glass centerpiece bowl. This was given to her from her father whom just passed away last month. He has always lived in NE Illinois, so I presume it was purchased near there, although she has no idea where he got it from. She was in tears and we feel terrible.
    Does anyone recognize this?
    Can I be somewhat repaired?
    Is there a glass blower someone knows of that can make a custom replica?
    We know nothing will replace the sentimental value of this bowl. But we feel the need to do something for her.
    Thank you all for your time!

Attached Files:

2. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

3. NWI Guy

NWI Guy New Member

Oh my goodness!! Thank you so much! Say_it_slowly, may I ask how you found that? I have been scouring the internet, doing google image searches and looking on eBay. I had zero luck, I did just place the order for that bowl. It measures the same, color may be slightly different.

bercrystal, stracci and say_it_slowly like this.
  4. say_it_slowly

Google image search and I think I put some basic term in.

Hope it's close enough :)

bercrystal and Potteryplease like this.
  5. NWI Guy

NWI Guy New Member

Wow, I am shocked. Again, thank you so much. I will see when it comes in, it looks to be the same other than the slight color variance. You just made my night, I ran into our bedroom yelling for my wife to wake up lol

6. say_it_slowly

You might be able to have some restoration done on the original bowl. Not sure how that might go.

Maybe do something to keep her keepsake bowl. Put the pieces in a deep frame to hang like art?

7. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

That's an interesting idea.

Debora

say_it_slowly and stracci like this.
  8. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

9. stracci

stracci Well-Known Member

10. NWI Guy

NWI Guy New Member

I thought it was going to be impossible to find one. Especially with no markings. I am extremely grateful y’all were able to help with this!

i like the idea of framing it, about to head to the hobby store to pickup some glass glue. Thankfully the person that cleaned the glass put every piece in the bag

bercrystal, say_it_slowly and komokwa like this.
  11. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

we do the impossible here on a daily basis !!!!!:happy::happy::happy:

Draft saved Draft deleted