Please help identifying stained glass lamp

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Sedona, May 20, 2017.

1. Sedona

Sedona Well-Known Member

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Hello, all.

This is a 3-light table lamp. The wall plug looks origI also but I think the bulb sockets have been replaced, as one says "Press" and has the UL logo. Plus, the wiring on top looks fairly new.

The base is more of a classical design. The bottom is completely covered in felt. THe shade is elaborate and is about 22" across at the bottom. There is some very striking r d glass in the white flowers. The workmanship seems very high.

I have looked all over the shade for a makers mark, but I cannot find one. The pattern looks closest to a Duffner and Kimberly lamp. I read once that D&K lamps have a distinctive acorn-shaped pull, and this does not; but, if these are replacement sockets, then perhaps the pulls are not original, either.

Thank you, all.

Attached Files:

2. Sedona

Sedona Well-Known Member

The sockets are different on top as one has ceramic around it, and there is a little plastic disc that is keeping the chain from going into the socket. So, presumably the pulls are not original. The sockets all seem to say UL.

Here is a closeup of the plug and bottom. Thank you again.

image.jpg image.jpg

3. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Your wiring and plug are definitely newer. That is a pretty common replacement plug from the 60s or so. I think the lamp older.

My first thought is Miller for the base and I found this lamp attributed to Miller. Note that the stem is the same as yours but the base different. It is possible that yours might not have an original shade/base combination. Miller is more known for slag overlay shades than the leaded glass.
    upload_2017-5-20_22-7-21.png

Consequently, you shade could be Duffner and Kimberly. You might also have a look at the Mosaic Lamp Company (Chicago Mosaic).

4. Sedona

Sedona Well-Known Member

Thank you. This is great advice. Given that I can't find a mark on the shade it very well might be from the Mosaic Lamp Company. I had never heard of Miller, but I agree the base and the shade do not go together. The lamp has been in the family since the 1960s, and it was very expensive at the time.

Draft saved Draft deleted