Please help identify this Large Flower Frog?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Thom, Jun 10, 2023.

1. Thom

Thom Member

It stands 6" tall and 6 or 7 inches wide....I cannot make out the maker and I posted a pic

Attached Files:

2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Carmark? Is there a faint k at the end?

3. Bakersgma

Sorry an extra r in there, Camark.

Figtree3 likes this.
  4. Thom

Thom Member

I thought maybe camark.....but......i don't think so.....but.....i just dont know

5. Bakersgma

Admittedly I have a piece or 2 of Camark and the one I grabbed out of the cabinet just now is in printed letters rather than script. But it also happens to be a flower arranger.... I just can't think of another maker those letters would match.

The pale blue color had me thinking VanBriggle until i opened your other picture.

Figtree3 likes this.
  6. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

7. Thom

Thom Member

8. Bakersgma

Never heard of it. Lehner's shows their mark with spaces between the letters as if hand written lower case.

9. Thom

Thom Member

I never heard of it either........hmmmmmmm

10. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

I inverted it, contrasted a bit, enlarged 2X and removed a couple of distractions.....maybe looks a little easier to read....I ALMOST think I see a 'g' next to last letter, but I wouldn't swear by it..........

20230610_170946-XX-gigapixel-lines-scale-2_00x.jpg

Figtree3 likes this.
  11. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I could be persuaded to see CORMAN...

12. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I think it may be Cemar. They seemed to always have the word written in script, and there are variations of the script among several of the ones for sale online. Apparently the script was hand written before firing? Not all written by the same person. This is my guess.

Draft saved Draft deleted