Pink Satin Bowl with Metal Stand - Looking for Any Info

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by dgbjwc, Jul 13, 2015.

1. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hello everyone! I've had this piece kicking around here for awhile as I tried to figure out what it was. The bowl itself is 10 1/2" across and 2 1/4" high. The stand is 4 1/4" high with a top diameter of a little under 4" and a base measurement of 6 1/8". The base has a mark SRLMC NY but I haven't been able to identify that company. Any help regarding time frame of production or manufacturer would be much appreciated. Thank you very much!
    Don

DSC03613.JPG DSC03608.JPG DSC03609.JPG DSC03610.JPG

2. George Nesmith

George Nesmith Well-Known Member

I think the glass is likely Smith if not possibly Fenton. No idea on the metal

3. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

bowl looks to be Smith's Dominion line

4. fenton

fenton Well-Known Member

They don't go together. Glass is fairly new and base is a lot older.

clutteredcloset49 likes this.
  5. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

The glass is newer than the base.
    The base reminds me of something that should sit on a hotel desk with a bell on it.

Edit:
    Sniped by fenton.

6. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

It does look like the base had a top section added to accommodate the bowl. The bowl does fit into the base very well although the glue has given out. I searched my Smith book but couldn't find this particular piece. There is a serving bowl listed but not pictured or otherwise described so perhaps this is it. Also pink satin is not listed as one of the colors in the Dominion pattern. Perhaps it was a special order? Thanks everyone for your help!
    Don

Draft saved Draft deleted