Pink Glass Candlesticks - Depression Era?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by dgbjwc, Apr 27, 2015.

1. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hello everyone! I bought these pink candlesticks thinking it would be an easy ID but, of course, it's been anything but. They stand about 2 1/2" tall and 2 3/4" across the base. Quality is not great - visible seam lines and bubbles in the glass. I checked The Glass Candlestick books, volumes I, II, III and Weatherman but no luck. I thought maybe Smith but no luck there either. Does anyone recognize them? Thanks in advance.
    Don

IMG_20150427_123836345.jpg IMG_20150427_123844630.jpg

2. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

I googled images of depression glass candlesticks and did not find that pattern. I have to say, it's one I've never seen before. Looks like spaghetti to me! Interesting.

3. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Thanks for checking, Bev. When I bought them I thought they were Smith's Melba pattern but that didn't pan out. Now I'm thinking they may not be Depression at all but something newer. Again, I appreciate your researching them for me.
    Don

4. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

The reddish/orangy Pink color make me think newer also. It looks like the same color on the depression glass Re-issues from the 70's and later. Can't say I have ever seen the pattern though. Looks like DNA or Chromosomes

Bev aka thelmasstuff and dgbjwc like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted