Featured Pink Fleur De Lis Ceiling Shade

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by i need help, Jul 29, 2019.

1. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

B4DD7D09-E601-48B8-B38B-1A348845544C.jpeg 2EE29742-FE13-46FC-AA1E-A33448E5C9AB.jpeg Hi Everyone,
    This is from my childhood home. I know it has minimal value. What would you estimate the decade to be? About 12 inch diameter. Thank you for looking. :happy:

2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

What year was your childhood home built?

Debora

3. i need help

I’m more just guessing 30s, but my parents purchased the house in the Fifties. They were second owners of the house.

4. scoutshouse

scoutshouse Well-Known Member

They were extremely popular, but I don't know from when, exactly. Because: pretty!

Sellers aren't trying to pinpoint, either.

[​IMG]

5. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

I have always thought these were more 40s-50s. Nothing to base it on except a feeling.

A lot of the bedside table lamps from that period are pink and blue pastel colors and frosted. So maybe that's why I think the ceiling lamps are as well.

6. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

As for value, I used to sell these for about $35.

7. i need help

Thank you for the responses. I should have asked a lot more questions, when I was younger. But I was just curious. That’s roughly the price I had in mind as value, but I’m holding on to it. :)

8. scoutshouse

scoutshouse Well-Known Member

One sold on picclick.com/ebay for $49.99 free shipping 2018

Vintage 12" clear & frosted glass Ceiling light fixture Shade FLOR DE LIS 1950s
    [​IMG]

pearlsnblume, Figtree3, judy and 5 others like this.
  9. i need help

Thank you @scoutshouse. :)

10. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

At a guess, I'd think 1930s. That peachy pink was popular then. And, ceiling fixtures were more common then than they were later.

Debora

c00c6389c1a06f48d8993ba313d6b583.jpg

11. i need help

What a lovely comparison! Thank you. :)

12. i need help

Thank you, Cluttered! Funny, There was a blue one that I left there. The pink was in the girl’s shared room. The blue in the boy’s room. :)

13. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

Judging from my experiences with a family home, I would say 1930s to early 40s as well. We replaced fixtures such as this during remodeling in 1948.

14. i need help

Thanks, Mansons! :)

15. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

It's pretty and I love the Fleur De Lis pattern. Some of these have three holes and no [dangle] finial and are suspended from the ceiling fixture with beaded chains.

Do you have the ceiling fixture and finial?

judy likes this.
  16. i need help

This is all I have, and a rubber protector for the screw-on piece that I don’t have. :(

sabre123 and judy like this.
  17. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    When we sold our last house built in 1905 we left the Art Deco shade in the stairwell. It was stepped down white milk glass with fine black line outlining the glass facets. The couple who were buying the house loved it so we left it.
    A month later I noticed it in their trash. I do not know if it got broken or they just dumped it. It made me so sad.:oops:
    greg

pearlsnblume, i need help and judy like this.
  18. i need help

People can be real Stinkers, :(

pearlsnblume likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted