Pink and white shard found in Michigan

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Sarah Sanders, May 24, 2020.

1. Sarah Sanders

Sarah Sanders New Member

Does anyone know anything about the pink and white striped shard shown in the photo? For reference, the shard was found in the Shiawassee River in Michigan in the Metro-Detroit area. The Shiawassee River valley was inhabited by the Indigenous tribes before the area became heavily populated. Any help is welcomed!

Attached Files:

judy and scoutshouse like this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

3. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Welcome, Sarah. Think we can safely say the pink & white striped piece is not Ojibway. Midden heap of a farm house, perhaps. One of my great grandmothers wrote a history of Shiawassee County, in verse.

judy, scoutshouse and sabre123 like this.
  4. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I don't know older NA pottery that well, but that looks like an 18th or 19th C relatively commercial pink glaze to me.

Bronwen and judy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted