Pickard Roses Vase. Signed.

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by My Antique Collection, Oct 30, 2015.

1. I just picked up this turn of the century hand painted porcelain vase from the Pickard China Company. This vase features rich roses and foliage and has been embellished with gold. There is a signature, “A. Motzfeldt,” on the exterior of the vase and a studio mark which dates its manufacture to 1898-1903.

Was fortunate to find it catching dust in the back of this cute antique store.

Was very fortunate because this piece is simply stunning. The colors are stimulating and I am inclined to keep it.

2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Your media album is apparently set to private? Got an error message telling me I don't have rights to see it. Which is unfortunate because it's sounds beautiful.

My Antique Collection likes this.
  3. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hope you can get the album reset - I love Pickard.
    Don

4. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

I'd love to see the vase, too. It does sound beautiful.

5. Thank you guys for bringing this to my attention. I have switched the permissions so now you should be able to get a little closer view. The owner, my mother, of the piece is at an antique show so if you guys would like more pictures, I will send it onto her and will reply with more come Monday or Tuesday!

Yes, it's a very beautiful piece. Its normally difficult for me to follow this type of antique, but it is just a stunning piece!

6. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

Very pretty. :)

7. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

A lovely and early Pickard vase!
    Don

8. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I'd have jumped on that too. Porcelain has been a tough sell recently, but if it's pretty enough and you can sell at a reasonable price...score.

dgbjwc likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted