Picasso print with watercolor on back?

Discussion in 'Art' started by VintagePaper, Apr 19, 2016.

1. VintagePaper

VintagePaper New Member

https://imgur.com/a/gFsli

It was framed in a yellow mat w silver frame when I got it. Was going to use the frame and saw the painting on the back. Any ideas?

scoutshouse likes this.
  2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi Vintage....just an FYI, most members aren't fond of going to a link to view pictures.....ergo the ability to upload files here!! Clear, uncluttered, close, sizes, all angles, etc., pics under 1mb and it's easy peasy! When you post, also click to post "full size images" and everybody will be "happy campers"!!!!:smuggrin::smuggrin: Totally meant as a friendly gesture!!!!:):)

komokwa and scoutshouse like this.
  3. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

A picture of the watercolor that was on the back would be useful, if that's what VintagePaper wants to know about.

5. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

True dat, Abuela. :hilarious:

6. scoutshouse

scoutshouse Well-Known Member

(I think a corner of it is there (the watercolor) below), Bakers & GG

7. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

Ahhhhhh... the miracle of scrolling!
    Thanks, Scout!

EDIT
    I like the Picasso print better.
    The watercolor looks to me like something by an adorable little kid, whose doting mother scribbled her darling's initials or something below. If it turns out to be a long-lost masterpiece, I'll apologize and buy everybody a Coke.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
    scoutshouse likes this.
  8. Bakersgma

But the corner is not anywhere near enough, Scout. If he wants opinions, we need to see the whole thing.

scoutshouse likes this.
  9. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

I just assumed that WAS the whole thing! :eggface::hilarious:

scoutshouse likes this.
  10. all_fakes

all_fakes Well-Known Member

The corner contains the signature or initials, but it would be nice to see the whole thing.

scoutshouse likes this.
  11. scoutshouse

scoutshouse Well-Known Member

Bakers, I just didn't know if you saw the info - I agree, if that's what VintagePaper wants to know about.

If looking for answer on print, I'd say a mass produced print. Same date as many others still being sold. Right?

12. Bakersgma

I agree, Scout - a very popular image back in the day. And obviously the watercolor on the back is newer than that. I can't think why a professional artist would use the back of a print to paint on, so it probably doesn't matter who those initials stand for.

Draft saved Draft deleted