Peter Shire mugs circa 1978

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Ninabeth, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Ninabeth

Ninabeth Active Member

So, not antique but def vintage... hope that's okay!

I'm hoping gauge the relative rarity (or lack of) of this set of mint condition Peter Shire mugs. There's a lot of Peter Shire online, but not much on this dipped/slab style. The closest match I found is on Worthpoint, and I really don't want to open a paid subscription to read about them! I'll probably search out one of those quickie one-off appraisal sites... can anyone recommend a favorite?

Any input on this set welcomed! TIA ♡

peter-shire-AB-sm.png peter-shire-base-sm.png peter-shire-inside-sm.png

anundverkaufen and cxgirl like this.
  2. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

@Ninabeth can you post the link to the ones on Worthpoint, I think @Kronos has an account and maybe can tell you what they sold for:)
    these are cool looking mugs:) I've never heard of Peter Shire before, had to google his stuff.

anundverkaufen likes this.
  3. Ninabeth

Ninabeth Active Member

Thank you cxgirl! I'd never heard of Shire, either, until after I acquired these cups.

These are a few links for Shire on Worthpoint, but this one is for mugs from the same era as mine.

I also found a batch of 12 old ones that were sold on chairish•com -- they're in the "splatter" style which seems to be more abundant. (last link)

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/vintage-peter-shire-exp-1979-multi-1869400061 (circa 1979)

https://www.chairish.com/product/20...ter-shire-coffee-mugs-espresso-cups-set-of-12

cxgirl likes this.
  4. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

5. Ninabeth

Ninabeth Active Member

Thanks, Kronos... very helpful info! I really appreciate your time and effort.

cxgirl and anundverkaufen like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted