Pair of China Dogs

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Alan Owen, May 5, 2022.

1. Alan Owen

Alan Owen New Member

[​IMG] https://imgur.com/a/DbHrtt5Can anyone tell me anything about these. They came out of a relative's house so have some age to them but there is no maker's mark so I know nothing about exactly how old they are.

Last edited: May 5, 2022
    judy likes this.
  2. Ce BCA

Ce BCA Well-Known Member

They are reproductions of Staffordshire Pottery spaniels (mantle dogs). These are the type that were made in the 1970's

Francisco G Kempton and judy like this.
  3. Alan Owen

Alan Owen New Member

Thank you for that information. They came out of a house jam full of such trinketts.

4. Ernest Sampson

Ernest Sampson darkman1962

Known here in the UK as Staff Flat Backs.

5. Alan Owen

Alan Owen New Member

Thank you and we are sure that they are 1970s?

6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

That seems to be the information presented here..... but u are well within your right to do your own research with the info u now have and come to your own conclusion.
    ;)
    If the detailed search you perform , uncovers new details , please drop by and let us know your findings..:)

Draft saved Draft deleted