Pair of Antique (?) Vases

Discussion in 'Metalware' started by Lis, Jun 14, 2024.

1. Lis

Lis Member

Hello everyone, I am helping to run a fundraising rummage sale and was hoping to get some help identifying, dating, and especially valuing this pair of matching vases. They look like enameled metal, so I hope this is the right forum. This is an area that I don't know anything about, so any advice would be a big help. Thank you!

20240614_132133-min.jpg 20240614_132140-min.jpg 20240614_132143-min.jpg

A couple of people have commented on the box, so I've added a picture of it. I'm not sure if it originally went with these vases, since it says Carved Lacquer Ware, as best as I can tell, which doesn't sound right? Although, again, this is really not my area of expertise so please do tell me if I am wrong about that. Thank you!
    20240614_160518-min.jpg

Last edited: Jun 14, 2024
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Lis, Potteryplease, Marote and 3 others like this.
  3. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

They are beautiful . Though i think they are newer .From the look of the box Id guess 1960s or so.Im a fool for a pair so id have bought them. Look on ebay completed for sale prices.There is a literal ton of this stuff out there.

4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Yes, the box looks original and as such is helpful in dating. In addition to age, variables for valuing include having a pair, their size, their design and their condition. Excellent suggestion above above about reviewing eBay Completed Listings for Sold prices. At a glance, I see there are a lot of cloisonné vases available and prices aren't terribly high because of it. Still, yours are lovely and someone will be very happy to own. Good luck with your sale!

Debora

johnnycb09, Lis and wlwhittier like this.
  5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I'd say 80's...

johnnycb09 and Lis like this.
  6. Lis

Lis Member