Painting - watercolor and pastel! Signed!

Discussion in 'Art' started by Dimitrov, Nov 18, 2023.

1. Dimitrov

Dimitrov Member

Здравейте! Нов съм във форума и реших да споделя снимка на картина, която притежавам от 15 години. Картината е рисувана върху плътна маркирана хартия, а техниката според мен е - акварел и пастел! Подписана е и има посвещение на гърба! Бихте ли споделили някаква актуална информация за изпълнителя, ако е възможно? За разбирането!

Attached Files:

2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Google translate:
    "Hello! I'm new to the forum and thought I'd share a photo of a painting I've owned for 15 years. The picture is painted on thick marked paper, and the technique, in my opinion, is - watercolor and pastel! It is signed and has a dedication on the back! Could you share some up-to-date information about the artist if possible? For understanding!"

The text on the back is in Swedish. This is the gist of it: On behalf of the construction workers union they congratulate and thank the recipient for a long and faithful service.

Figtree3, mirana and pearlsnblume like this.
  3. Dimitrov

Dimitrov Member

Благодаря! Но кой е художникът?

pearlsnblume likes this.
  4. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I don't know who the artist is, I am not familiar with modern Swedish art.

pearlsnblume likes this.
  5. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

It's a numbered edition -- 173 of 300 -- so not a painting but a multiple (i.e. one of a series in a limited edition.) The first place to start with a query like this is to do a Google Images search. The internet identifies your work as a lithograph entitled 'Ice Age' by Bertil Berg. Here are others from the edition that have recently come up for auction.

https://auctionet.com/en/2989618-bertil-berg-ice-age-lithograph-signed-and-numbered

https://www.lot-art.com/auction-lot...rad-88300/762322-bertil_berg-31.1.18-goteborg

Debora

Last edited: Nov 18, 2023
    Figtree3, Houseful, verybrad and 4 others like this.
  6. laura9797

laura9797 Well-Known Member

7. Dimitrov

Dimitrov Member

Aquitaine and verybrad like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted