Featured Outstanding green glass water cane with rich gold

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Vell, Jul 3, 2021.

1. Vell

Vell Member

IMG-20210703-WA0009.jpg IMG-20210703-WA0010.jpg IMG-20210703-WA0011.jpg Hey everyone! I would like to get an opinion on this gorgeous piece. It is 40cm high. Has rich gold ornaments on it. The eagle in the middle of it, is glass too, which was decorated with gold. Its really high quality, the eagle do has even small feathers.
    I haven't found any mark on it. Those bumps are handmade, the glass is also handmade and was made out of three parts. (You can see small inclusions)

Anyone an idea, how old it can be and who made it? Bohemia? Murano?

Thanks and best regards

Last edited: Jul 3, 2021
  2. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Hi Vell!

Welcome to Antiquers.............:cat:

Choosing Full Image when you post photos will be so much easier for all to see...............Help will be along............:)

pearlsnblume and Vell like this.
  3. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Hi Vell and welcome.

Please always show a nice clear photo of the bottom for glass and pottery, marked or not. It helps tell how the piece was made and that info can speak volumes to the right board member :)

judy, Bronwen, pearlsnblume and 2 others like this.
  4. Vell

Vell Member

Hello and thank you. My mistake, I just edited the post. :)

Hi, Marie! I always do the bottom photos for porcelain, but havent thought, that it would be important for glass. I'll do one today. :)

I found out, that it could be Ludwig Moser, since he does a lot with birds of prey. I saw the prices for rich decorated pieces and it was like Wow.

judy, Bronwen and pearlsnblume like this.
  5. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Lovely. I'd vote Bohemian.

judy, Bronwen and pearlsnblume like this.
  6. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Fabulous!

judy likes this.
  7. Reubena Martin

Reubena Martin New Member

Beautiful piece.

Bronwen likes this.
  8. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

It is lovely, but why is it called a "cane?"

Bronwen likes this.
  9. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

Me 2! It's just beautiful. Also asking the "cane" question. Never heard a pitcher called that before.

Bronwen likes this.
  10. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

Spam reported

Bronwen likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted