OT - Moving forward......

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by 707susang, Jun 28, 2014.

1. 707susang

707susang Active Member

For many years, I've been "stuck", in limbo, if you will.

To make a long story short, I hope to be moving asap. Not leaving the state but moving waay North and back to what I love the most, the coast.

That means selling my home, buying a downsized new home, and leaving all that is familiar. I can't believe I moved so fast in this decision - but I did it! In 2 days, I found 2 homes that will do, and 2 agents doing what they do.

Please wish me strength and peace in this decision - which is very hard.....it's been a long time coming. I am very nervous/anxious about it all. It is not a whim, but following my gut and heart.

Pat P likes this.
  2. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

"but following my gut and heart"

A state you have earned and deserve - go forward with grace and courage and the knowledge that those who love you will support you when necessary and encourage you always.................

3. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

(((Sue)))

Girl, do I know that feeling. Life's too short not to be where you love the most.

:kiss:

Pat P and 707susang like this.
  4. 707susang

707susang Active Member

I think the final push, was my Dad. I've never asked my parents for anything - and I don't think I will need to now, but...

Just knowing that if I should ever need it, my Dad/Daddy (only daughter, and very proud of me), has my back......gives me courage.

I so appreciate letting me talk about it here. I know so many of you are struggling with your own...and I read it all. I don't often respond, but I feel you, and I care, very much.

5. 707susang

707susang Active Member

Oooooh, how I should stumble upon this just now. I will take it as a good thing, and off to finish a good day. Peace, Light and Love to you all. Goodnight.

[​IMG]

6. terry5732

terry5732 Well-Known Member

but algore says the sea is rising

707susang likes this.
  7. persona-non-gratin

persona-non-gratin Well-Known Member

8. cartoongirl

cartoongirl "Don't Blink!"

9. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi Sue,
    Take the plunge. For years and years I dreaded the thought of moving into a plastic house in an old folks community. The thought of giving up my old house and stuff and even more, my friends paralysied me for years. I am now content and basicly happy. It was like being divorced all over again. Follow your heart it knows more than your head ever will.
    greg

Tauriel, Pat P and 707susang like this.
  10. yourturntoloveit

yourturntoloveit Well-Known Member

Paraphrasing what Gregsglass said --

Your brain knows more, but your heart tells you more.

11. SKCCOAST

SKCCOAST Active Member

Great going Sue. Just took that plunge myself last year and moved back to the "other" coast. (Gulf). Decided not to let the H word scare me any more as I had lived here before and left several times ahead of one. Greg, you are so right about follow your heart!

12. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Sue, It's obviously a significant time of change and transition for you. I hope the move goes very well, and that you find what you are seeking -- peace, and anything else.

Wishing you well --

13. wildrose

wildrose Well-Known Member

Sue, I wish you nothing but luck and happiness in your decision. Timing is important and it seems like you timed it just right!

707susang likes this.
  14. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

The tide is high, but I'm hangin' on...

15. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

Hey, we'll support you. Sometimes the support of new friends is more valuable than family or old friends. When I was 18 (1967) and planned to move to Boston for art school, everyone in NH - even the bus driver on the bus I took to work each day - tried to convince me it was the wrong thing to do. I am so glad I listened to my heart and not them. My life has been challenging at times, but I've done so much and seen the world and I don't regret a minute. We are here for you to vent if you need to, lady.

Kgr947 and 707susang like this.
  16. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Good on you, Sue! And welcome back to the "north!" I hope that it brings everything that you want it to.

707susang likes this.
  17. Ladybranch

Ladybranch Well-Known Member

Good Luck, Sue! Best wishes on your momentous decision.

Wellll, the sea is a "fur" piece from me, but the **water** is rising in our little corner of the world. The Memphis area is inundulated with over 7" of rain (downtown area) in the past 12 hours. The outlying areas ("us'uns") are hitting 8" and it hasn't subsided. People are being evacuated from low areas. Has anyone come across Noah's blueprints of the ark? Memphis has been all over the weather channel this morning.
    How high's the water, mama?
    Three feet high and risin'
    How high's the water, papa?

Well, the hives are gone,
    I've lost my bees
    The chickens are sleepin'
    In the willow trees
    Cow's in water up past her knees,
    How high's the water, mama?
    Five feet high and risin'
    How high's the water, papa?

Well, the rails are washed out north of town
    We gotta head for higher ground
    We can't come back till the water comes down,

18. 707susang

707susang Active Member

You all are so very sweet and loving. Unlike many, I suppose, I don't blog or journal, whatever you call it. I share my thoughts with you all, if I need or want to ramble my thoughts out. Is that a good or bad thing? I don't know.

So many of you have been my classmates and lunch buddies for a lot of years now. Unlike friends and family in our everyday (real world) lives, we can share and care without carrying each other's baggage, so to speak.

I appreciate it a lot. :happy:

rro2000, SKCCOAST and Kgr947 like this.
  19. 42Skeezix

42Skeezix Moderator Moderator

Fourth gear, foot down, no reverse...

Atta girl,you go.

Godspeed.

:)

707susang likes this.
  20. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

Best of luck, Sue, in following your heart and dreams...

707susang likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted