Featured Ornate glass serving bowl early 1900's?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by FlThrifter, Mar 13, 2021.

1. FlThrifter

FlThrifter Member

20210313_104816_copy_1305x633.jpg Hello, these belonged to my grandmother (born early 1900's). Lg bowl is 9x5", sm is 4.5x2.5". There used to be more of the individual dishes but disappeared? Lots of great memories of her using these to serve her special Waldorf Salad at Christmas dinners. Pls let me know any info to research further. Thanks!

TraceyB, pearlsnblume, judy and 4 others like this.
  2. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Welcome to the board. We need to see photos of the bottom of the bowls to help with IDing. Even if not marked the style of refinishing them ill help. Also are they glass or china. Also where you are located i.e. England, the USA or France or Australia. We are a world wide forum. It helps to let people know where you are
    located.
    greg

TraceyB, pearlsnblume, judy and 3 others like this.
  3. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 13, 2021
  4. FlThrifter

FlThrifter Member

Hi Greg, thank you for the reply. I think they are glass. Attached are photos of the bottoms. 1st is large bowl, 2nd is small bowl. And I am in the US (I will update my profile!) Thanks!

Attached Files:

pearlsnblume and judy like this.
  5. FlThrifter

FlThrifter Member

pearlsnblume, judy and TallCakes like this.
  6. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Thank you for your quick reply. The experts will be around, remember we are from all areas of the globe.
    greg

pearlsnblume, judy and FlThrifter like this.
  7. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

@gregsglass @TallCakes Well some of us need to see the bottoms to ID something & some members don't need no stinking bottom photos. ;) :playful::playful::playful: :rolleyes::rolleyes: :kiss::kiss::kiss:

8. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

@FIThrifter I just love your avatar! Isn't that the cat face the dumb lawyer was unknowingly using on a Zoom call? "I'm here, I'm not a cat." LOL! I died laughing, although with kids around, that could have been me! Very pretty bowls BTW.

patd8643, pearlsnblume and Lucille.b like this.
  9. FlThrifter

FlThrifter Member

Yes, that zoom call was a winner....I could see that happening to me too!

pearlsnblume likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted