Featured Original 1969 Woodstock Band Salary List

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by bosko69, Jun 27, 2024 at 2:14 AM.

1. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

Just found this online.I'll try to remember where i found it (or someone here can 'lens' it)- woodstock-1969-artist-salary-breakdown-v0-gslw7y7oas8d1.jpeg

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Bosko, for a minute I thought it was yours.:confused:

komokwa likes this.
  4. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

Sorry AJ-I knew I should've posted a disclaimer right as my head hit the pillow ! I figured someone would think I owned this-once again bitten by myself on the old forum ?

5. J Dagger

J Dagger Well-Known Member

When I was a boy I became interested in my fathers vinyl collection at some point. I found his copy of The Who’s Live at Leeds album. I opened it up and to my surprise there was a handful of band related documents inside. Recording contracts, contracts for concerts performed and similar stuff. Even a Woodstock contract I believe. I had clearly found their managers copy of the album or something. My dad must have bought it a yard sale and never looked closely at it I thought. We had some serious rock n’ roll history in our hands and it was going to make us rich!!! Or was it too good to be true? To the internet! It was too good to be true. They came in all of the first however many albums to be released. Maybe like 10k or 20k or something, I don’t recall. Kind of a good collectors item but not overly valuable, Esspecially then, before the vinyl renaissance. I was far from the first or last person to have the same experience. I think that the son on Pawn Stars was fooled by the same thing and bought the album and accompanying docs for decent money on the show. His dad, the owner is a big The Who fan and it was a gift for him I believe. Oh well!

This Woodstock band booking fees document has been circulating online for a couple years. It is very fascinating to see who got what.

Woodstock wasn’t very financially successful since it became a free concert at the door. The soundtrack and movie were quite successful though. There were a few acts that refused to be on it for various reasons. Basically their thinking was it would not amount to much. They lived to regret it immensely. The exposure alone could have turned them into household names. Mountain is one famous example. Their manager told them not to do the movie. Despite being immensely talented and having great songs they never really broke into the mainstream and they looked back at that choice as a defining moment.

Any Jewelry, komokwa and Figtree3 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted