Orig. Authentic GMC Emblem

Discussion in 'Sell' started by Samdelaneyyy, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Samdelaneyyy

Samdelaneyyy New Member

One of the coolest peices I've stumbled upon! Over 100 years old, the original authentic GMC emblem! Only plastered on less then 3000 trucks.

Attached Files:

lauragarnet and KingofThings like this.
  2. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Welcome!
    Very nice!
    Please always use the FULL IMAGE option when posting photos.
    :)

lauragarnet and Aquitaine like this.
  3. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi Sam and WELCOME!! I think you will like it here!! We also have a lot of fun while exchanging and dissecting information!!!! When posting pictures, 1MB is the size limit, 10 pics per post, and when you upload the files, the very top image lets you click to "post every image FULL SIZE"....MUST DO!!!!! Piece of cake!!!!!!!!!! You also will find, most of the 'experts' here would like close ups, several angles, dimensions, and any other information you can provide about the object in question.....that should get you off to a great start!!! Have fun antiquing!! And that sure looks like a cool piece!!:)

4. Samdelaneyyy

Samdelaneyyy New Member

5. lauragarnet

lauragarnet Well-Known Member

Are you taking offers or do you have it priced?

KingofThings likes this.
  6. Samdelaneyyy

Samdelaneyyy New Member

I have had the consultation of a former auctioneer and he claims to have sold one in 1998 for 75 $. So I am accepting offers based off of that quote.

7. Samdelaneyyy

Samdelaneyyy New Member

Furthermore I have not been able to find this peice for sale anywhere. So the number could be much higher. I wouldn't think it to be any lower. I just do not have the means nor time to try to find the right buyer for what the peice is actually worth. I'll leave that up to one of you antiquers!

8. Samdelaneyyy

Samdelaneyyy New Member

9. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Will this fit on the head of a pin or big enough to be a base in space?

lauragarnet likes this.
  10. Samdelaneyyy

Samdelaneyyy New Member

This item was found just outside of Eureka NV, on a historical Pony Express Motel, the Thompson ranch. I had the pleasure of remodeling a cobble structure that was used to fight off Indian tribes who would attack from the neighboring mountains. This must have rattled off a farm truck in the 1920s, as it was found just on side of the road a half mile feet from the ranch (by my ever so curious digging-Malinois). Here is an ad as well from 1912, "The Horseless Age" 20160908_111242.jpg

11. Samdelaneyyy

Samdelaneyyy New Member

3"x8"x1/4".

KingofThings and lauragarnet like this.
  12. Samdelaneyyy

Samdelaneyyy New Member

13. lauragarnet

Oh my, that's tiny. I was imagining much bigger, LOL. :joyful: I'm glad KoT asked.

I have a friend who collects antique automotive things and would most likely love this. I'll send him the link so he can have a look.

KingofThings likes this.
  14. Samdelaneyyy

Samdelaneyyy New Member

Well I wish I could say that's the first time I've heard that! Lol And thanks, I appreciate it.

KingofThings and lauragarnet like this.
  15. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

This is odd but I`ve just been reading two books I recovered from a house clearance that contain the details of every car and commercial vehicle maker world wide since the invention of the internal combustion engine.
    Superb little books that are not for sale.:cool:

img237.jpg

img238.jpg

16. lauragarnet

Sorry... somehow I missed the 8" the first time I looked. All that penetrated my brain was the 3" x 1/4".

Nice find!

KingofThings likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted