Orange Uranium Glass ? Glowing Green

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Moonunit, Aug 21, 2023.

1. Moonunit

Moonunit New Member

CDC5E8EE-B674-494C-ADD3-B6170A80426F.jpeg 246F3DDB-7BC9-41FF-A95F-CC9AAE9D1A17.jpeg
    I lucked out a few months ago and spotted this votive in the exact same color as the Corinthian Pink/Rose Moonstore Aladdin Mantle Co. oil lamp (I believe) next to it. Both a peachy, pale pinkish orange. I wish I’d taken a picture when I first spotted them at the antique store, but I was too excited and mesmerized by the glow so it slipped my mind!

The lamp and votive were the exact same color, but the lamp didn’t glow at all under the UV. The votive glows bright green under both 395nm and 365nm.
    My new Geiger counter measured this little guy at 0.56μSv/h, so definitely above background radiation.
    I know this is a Homco Daisy patterned votive as I have a few other colors of the same pattern made with cadmium/uranium glass, but I haven’t had much luck online finding anything else (besides the lamp) in a similar color, let alone one that glows green.

Has anyone else seen radioactive orange glass that glows bright green under UV light before? Help!!

Figtree3, Any Jewelry and Bronwen like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted