Opinions on this vase - Murano?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by aaroncab, Mar 31, 2017.

1. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

I got this on flea-bay for a song - pictures on there were fuzzy and didn't even show the whole vase - was simply sold as "art glass". When it arrived today it had a hang tag on it from antique store - states "Murano Glass Vase (Avento)" - it looks beautifully made (to my eye) - I haven't found a signature or mark on it. Thoughts? I'm happy with it wherever it came from - it's beautiful and I got it for close to nothing :)

~

33633769781_116dcab9e0_k.jpg 33633768321_42b33e8e30_k.jpg 33633767881_df74a5b9a6_k.jpg 32949931563_2408d17852_k.jpg 33633762481_1f8b27f125_k.jpg 32949928393_53d2744e23_k.jpg 33633760881_273a52a9ed_k.jpg 33721962426_82b9d0ed77_k.jpg vase1.jpg vase2.jpg

2. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

I get a modern Chinese vibe,it just doesnt have the refinement of Murano. it is very pretty regardless. personally,I think in the future,a lot of Chinese glass will be appreciated more.

judy and aaroncab like this.
  3. anundverkaufen

anundverkaufen Bird Feeder

4. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

5. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Not necessarily Dale Tiffany but could be. Definitely China. Saw same in places like T.J. Max, Gordman's, etc.

judy and aaroncab like this.
  6. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

There are a 17 in a very close style to this vase on Ebay attributed to "Dale Tiffany Amphora" (not sure how they make the attribution), all with very similar color schemes. Vase with blue colored glass, aventurine coming up from the base, colored applied handles.

Aaron's vase seems to be fairly nicely put together on average, even if made in China. Here are the Ebay ones:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro....TRS1&_nkw=Dale+Tiffany+Vase+Amphora&_sacat=0

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
    cxgirl and aaroncab like this.
  7. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

anund you never cease to amaze me with your knowledge:)

8. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

Thank you everyone for identifying this! I agree with cxgirl - I'm constantly amazed around here with the amount of knowledge - and knowledgeable folks willing to help out.

komokwa, judy, cxgirl and 1 other person like this.
  9. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Definitely Dale Tiffany. I've had at least two. They're well made and very attractive, but worth about a third of that tag.

judy likes this.
  10. Ladybranch

Ladybranch Well-Known Member

anundverkaufen, aaroncab and judy like this.
  11. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Just want to say how much we appreciate your contributions.
    You come through on so many different items.
    Thank you.

12. anundverkaufen

anundverkaufen Bird Feeder

Thanks cluttered and cxgirl, I feel the same about you both and all the other regulars here. I know I'm not much of a conversationalist but I try to at least hit "like" as much as I can to acknowledge a good answer or post.

Draft saved Draft deleted