Featured On the side of the road on heavy trash day.

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by hegan3rd, Aug 22, 2023.

1. hegan3rd

hegan3rd New Member

Can anyone tell me anything about this? Resize_20230822_185810_0664.jpg Resize_20230822_185810_0664.jpg Resize_20230822_185811_1371.jpg Resize_20230822_185811_1955.jpg This was just sitting there. Nothing wrong with it at all. Resize_20230822_185812_2529.jpg

Last edited: Aug 22, 2023
  2. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Where I live, rocking chairs are a TOUGH sell, although my local ReStore does OK with them. Your chair looks like its decals were added in the early 1970s and odds are the rocker was made about then too. Resale isn't high, but if you have a new baby to rock to sleep the chair might be priceless. Just add some cushions.

silverbell and Aquitaine like this.
  3. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

I thought it was nursery figures till I blew it up ! Mushrooms ? Its a very nice sturdy piece of furniture and will last forever,paint it some funky color and enjoy it.

Potteryplease likes this.
  4. hegan3rd

hegan3rd New Member

There is a handwritten black marking that says 1914. It looks like crayon. And a stamp that reads ASBLY 34. It's very sturdy and the screws look pretty old. It's actually pretty comfortable. Here in Indiana, mushrooms are a pretty big thing, lol.

johnnycb09 likes this.
  5. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Not particularly old but you can't beat free. Heavy trash day? Never heard of such a thing. In my neck of the woods, people put out usable stuff at the curb any day of the week. Most of it disappears pretty quickly.

johnnycb09 likes this.
  6. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

We have heavy trash days about once a month. The things that fit in the cans get picked up weekly, but the trucks are run by one person. THe heavies that require manual loading don't show up as much. It's worth knowing the schedule if you have a healthy body and a pickup, especially in the richer areas.

The wild ones are in Australia, when heavy trash is only picked up a few months a year. it all goes out at once and pickers are on it like lice.

journeymagazine and hegan3rd like this.
  7. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

When I have absolutely no room for new art I pick out the worse or what I've had for a long time and put it outside - it's always gone the next time I look!

Draft saved Draft deleted