Old Vintage Swirled Glass Vase

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by antiquelover69, Jan 10, 2019.

1. antiquelover69

antiquelover69 Well-Known Member

I've had this glas about 15 or more years,there's no mark.Strange looking glass.Any information _HEjl2sjCO6KAalq33PpXg-smallw.jpg 9F1MM8zh0TeEL84PbYTlgg-smallw.jpg q2RnZ9woi5Qe0tKvLtxwbg-smallw.jpg

2. Lecollectionneur

Lecollectionneur Well-Known Member

It seems to be a cooled piece of molten glass made for pearls or similar items.
    It need to be more work to reuse it and can be left as it is after a working day.

3. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

How thin or thick is it? Glass like this is made in Jordan.

Any Jewelry likes this.
  4. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I agree, looks like art glass from Jordan or Israel.

5. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

The Jordanian glass is better than the Israeli, ime. It's self coloured rather than being almost painted on. I somehow managed to get a quite large piece of insane fragility home on an aeroplane.

6. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I agree. Congratulations on getting such a delicate piece home in one piece.:)

7. Lecollectionneur

Lecollectionneur Well-Known Member

In fact, about everybody who work with molten glass can have that in their stock, in my opinion very difficult to give a provenance, the guy which I'm working for my repro parts making has certainly a similar one sometimes in hands, you have a piece of hot glass similar here, and very interesting page from the glass museum in Romont, 10 minutes from my workshop.
    If you have one they call carrots(certainly due to the form) and it's painted, there is a problem because it's impossible to work a painted glass for making an item, generally beads or tubes when it's like that at the beginning.

Draft saved Draft deleted