Featured Old lizard brooch identification

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Hinarushi, Jul 4, 2024 at 3:08 PM.

1. Hinarushi

Hinarushi Member

Hiya! I want to share with you what I have recently got, a rather big gold tone lizard brooch with a back full of pearls (might be faux). The pin part on the back has been repaired at some point by someone, as there is some glue residue. Now that part is loose. The eyes look like paste glass to me and one of them has been glued backwards. :p I love my silly lizard haha.

What do you think? Is this vintage or even Victorian? :)

ezgif.com-optijpeg (10).jpg ezgif.com-optijpeg (11).jpg ezgif.com-optijpeg (12).jpg ezgif.com-optijpeg (14).jpg ezgif.com-optijpeg (13).jpg ezgif.com-optijpeg (19).jpg ezgif.com-optijpeg (16).jpg ezgif.com-optijpeg (17).jpg ezgif.com-optijpeg (18).jpg

Any Jewelry, stracci, Marote and 2 others like this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

isn't that a gecko ?

kyratango and pearlsnblume like this.
  3. Hinarushi

Hinarushi Member

Hey Komokwa, it might be, who knows? From my knowledge lizards usually have smaller eyes and geckos have bigger and rounder eyes on average. :)

komokwa likes this.
  4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

I always think -- could be wrong -- these are salamanders. Because of their symbolic meaning.

Debora

5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

[​IMG]

the gecko has symbolic meaning too !!!

6. Hinarushi

Hinarushi Member

I'm trying to figure out the link... Lmao

komokwa likes this.
  7. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

If you don't know, I'm not about to tell you.(LOL) Your costume lizard is a costume lizard, and may be older than you'd think since the little guys don't live too long.

8. Hinarushi

Hinarushi Member

:hilarious:

9. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

It has webbed feet, which are found on some geckos as well as some salamanders.
    Yes, faux, but all in one piece.:)
    I associate that boomerang pinback with 1950s costume.

Dessert58, komokwa and Hinarushi like this.
  10. Hinarushi

Hinarushi Member

I was wondering if she had webbed feet or it was just my imagination haha. So after all it might be a salamander instead of a lizard. :D It's perfect either way for me.

On a side note, I have found an identical brooch, the only difference are the crystal eyes which are pink, and a crystal on the lizard's back. I will leave the link below for anyone interested. This is not my shop, I just want to share this with you guys in case anyone would like a similar item. I will remove the link in case this is not allowed (I've seen links being shared on the forums so thought it's okay). :)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/23374600...ykIvbTMG&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=FB_MSG

komokwa and Any Jewelry like this.
  11. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Some geckos also have webbed feet, so it could be a gecko, which is a lizard species.;)
    Yes, it is perfectly OK.:)

Hinarushi and komokwa like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted