Featured Old Enamel Painted Green Glass Vase

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Thrifster, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Thrifster

Thrifster Well-Known Member

I purchased this enamel painted green glass 14" vase today at the thrift store and was looking for additional information on it. I searched online and didn't find one that looked like it but did see some enamel painted vases with some similar patterns.

I think it's an antique or vintage Bohemia Czech Republic vase but I'm not sure. The vase measures about 14" tall 5 1/4" wide at the base and about 4 1/2" wide on the top. It has gold gilding and a enamel painted floral scene.

Does anyone know the age of this vase and where it was made or anything else about it? Thanks in advance for any information.

HPIM7868.JPG HPIM7873.JPG HPIM7872.JPG HPIM7871.JPG HPIM7876.JPG HPIM7870.JPG HPIM7875.JPG HPIM7879.JPG

2. ALittleBit

ALittleBit ALittleBit

Isn't it funny that one never seems to find an object that matches the one they are trying to match. From what little I know, your vase is middle to late C19th Bohemian green glass. Hand-painted plus the enamel floral bits at the collar. A very pretty thing. Unless it is a rare piece, there seems to be a lot of this glass around and the prices and descriptions are all over the place. But hang around - others will know for sure, for sure.

3. Thrifster

Thrifster Well-Known Member

Thanks ALittleBit for your analysis or observations about the vase. Yes, it's true, I often can't locate the object I'm looking for. I'm also amazed that a light weight thin vase like this one can last as long as it did without breaking. I'm worried about breaking it when I'm just handling it.

4. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

beautiful piece Thrifster:) I always equate 'thin' with older glass, and agree with ALittleBit, Bohemian, late 1800s.

i need help and Christmasjoy like this.
  5. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

The vase is LOVELY Thrifster !!! ... Joy.

i need help likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted