Old Diehl Clock

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Wolfen91, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Wolfen91

Wolfen91 New Member

DAE0490C4CFF4EC1904FF769CD57C6F0.jpg 3FA143D879284DBFBF1F39E62C9EFF6E.jpg DAE0490C4CFF4EC1904FF769CD57C6F0.jpg

I buyed this clock from an antique store. I love how clean and pretty it looks, there are no cracks or even any glazing. The clock says Diehl on the bottom but that is all i know abou the clock, what can you guys tell me about this clock? When was it made, does it have a name or something? How much is it worth?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2020
    pearlsnblume likes this.
  2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

3. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

after 1947. kitchen clock.
    it's not clear from your pics if it is a windup only movement or a half-electric battery driven one; all in all a company that tried all industrial lanes since 1902, but stayed in family hands. even bought the much better known Junghans clock company. defence, aviation, ammo fabrication - whatever makes the heart jump.

4. Wolfen91

Wolfen91 New Member

It is a fully windup version. Do you mean that Diehl bought it's competition. That's really cool.

5. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

yes, Diehl bought them out in the 50s and got rid of the Junghans family, but let the name for watches; seems the French didn't believe the fairytales about the Junghansis being only good catholics and were enforced to become Nazis - a fairytale that is still around in the Black Forest region to this day - and cashed in on the fabrication equipment that was brought to France.
    doesn't mean though that the Diehl family was any better...

and then there was the problem that the Swiss had better watches for the same prices...that were also delivered to the German Luftwaffe...

6. Wolfen91

Wolfen91 New Member

You seem to know about the subject. Want to tell me more?

7. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

list as "the real Diehl"...

daveydempsey, Wolfen91 and komokwa like this.
  8. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

low blow........:playful::playful::playful::playful:;)

9. Wolfen91

Wolfen91 New Member

Haha, very nice.

komokwa likes this.
  10. Iowa Jayhawk

Iowa Jayhawk Well-Known Member

11. Wolfen91

Wolfen91 New Member

12. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

Not the same, only similar, Wolfen91.

Fid and komokwa like this.
  13. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

doesn't matter. that stuff was en vogue again when that run for everything MCM started. or perhaps someone bought it for that price because in Oma's kitchen the same was on the wall. in central Europe you find them in Salvation Army shops and others for 15 to 20 €.

Draft saved Draft deleted