Odd Unmarked Ceramic Vessel, Cork-Stoppered

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by wlwhittier, Aug 9, 2024.

1. wlwhittier

wlwhittier Well-Known Member

It's 3 1/2" high, the flared rim is ~3 1/8" diameter, it has a 3/4" cork, an' the base is 3 3/4" diameter; it weighs ~14 oz.
    I haven't had the courage to pull that cork...yet. Nothing tries to slosh inside, an' I think it's empty, but it is such an unusual jug, with the corked opening the only one, an' the top with the wire suggesting it may have been designed to hang. Is this possibly a fly or wasp trap? Have any of you seen the like of this? I'll be grateful for your thoughts, comments an' suggestions. Thanks for lookin'!

P1420244.jpeg P1420245.jpeg P1420246.jpeg P1420248.jpeg P1420249.jpeg

Figtree3, bosko69, Aquitaine and 5 others like this.
  2. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

I would try crockerfarm.com. Wasp traps are usually glass so you can see what you have.

Figtree3 and wlwhittier like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted