Oak Vanity

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Shwikman, May 12, 2019.

1. Shwikman

Shwikman Well-Known Member

Finally got stuff cleared from around this today. It’s got some burl accents as well as some condition issues. Any info or comments are welcome and appreciated as always. Thank You!
    0CFCFBD7-10C1-4BE4-A8B1-B16DD218311B.jpeg BBC585EB-B672-4B48-B94B-A50DC4FF57F9.jpeg 9B80CDFF-3AE6-43CC-80AF-AA0E2073F73D.jpeg 6C379EC8-03D1-48E6-A57F-D59B88DBFEC5.jpeg

Ghopper1924 likes this.
  2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

If you Google "Victorian Marble top Dresser with Mirror" you will come up with many similar to yours!! You're lucky, I think, to have all the original drawer pulls!! I'm saying oak (but might be wrong!), nice dovetail drawers, and GREAT that it's NOT painted!!! Depending WHERE you are will drive the value IF you are looking to sell. If not, just looks like it needs some minor repairs (unless I'm missing something!), a good cleaning and a light coat of a light stain or varnish or what others here might recommend!!!! It's very nice!!!

Ghopper1924, Fid, Michael77 and 6 others like this.
  3. Shwikman

Thank you for the info!!
    Condition wise it’s got a chunk missing out of the top “crown”, some gouges and dings. I wasn’t thinking of staining or varnish it, my initial thought was to hit it with something like a little “feed n wax” and leave the rest up to the new owner.

4. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Circa 1875 walnut renaissance revival dresser.

5. Shwikman

Ahh, walnut. I figured the burl was walnut but thought the rest was oak.
    Thank You for the info, I imagine walnut may be a bit more desirable than oak?

Ghopper1924 likes this.
  6. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Yes but doesn't matter too much since the form is not particularly desirable these days.

Ghopper1924 and Shwikman like this.
  7. Shwikman

Gotcha! Thank you so much.

8. Ghopper1924

Ghopper1924 Well-Known Member

Not desirable, but handsome nevertheless. Walnut Renaissance Revival, as very brad said. The mirror and surround seems too simple for the lower portion. Lower three digits at auction around here, sad to say.

Shwikman likes this.
  9. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    My house is filled BUT I would find room for it somewhere!!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    greg

Shwikman likes this.
  10. Shwikman

Being that resell is so poor on all this brown furniture I’m trying to find a way do the same, my 1300sf condo going to make it a challenge. Luckily all the stuff located in a major metropolitan area so it should help a little with resell.

Draft saved Draft deleted