Featured Not positive on where to start posting as they're all antique dishes....some

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Aquitaine, Mar 20, 2024.

1. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Dear friends have taken on the task of going through and clearing out a house of a recently passed friend of theirs....these are thought to be all antique, and collectible, but just "HOW" collectible I can't answer.....and it may take a number of posts to get them all up! I don't have quite ALL of the information, but I've tried to list about each piece the size and measurements, and most pertinent information I have! ANY HELP on ID-ing and supplemental (age, sale-able) is as ALWAYS GREATLY APPRECIATED, and of course, THANK YOU so much!!! Here goes.....they're also going to be looking for the kind of AUCTIONS they might do best in! Starting with a quilt (I need to ask for a close-up from our friend, to check the stitching AND it's size!!)

EnhancedGary Quilt-EDITED-topaz-enhance-4x.jpg
    NEXT:
    Battleships1_EDITED.jpg
    Below says "Commodore MacDonnoughs Victory"
    Bttlshp-Commodore Mac Donnoughs Victory_EDITED.jpeg

Bttleship Mark-EDITED-2x.jpg

Bttlshps Size_SIZE-EDITED.jpg
    NEXT: Said there was nothing on the back.....
    Blue Floral Plate-Front--EDITED.jpg

Blue Floral Plate-Front-SIZE-EDITED.jpg
    NEXT: Also said nothing on the back below either...
    COAL TRADE Plate-EDITED.jpg

COAL TRADE Plate--One Sold for 383.jpg

Last edited: Mar 20, 2024
  2. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

3. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

4. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

I love the quilt! Reminds me of the ones my great aunt made.

Figtree3, cxgirl, Any Jewelry and 2 others like this.
  5. Aquitaine

THANK YOU, @TallCakes and @i need help!!! I personally know next to nothing about most of what I'm posting in these 3 threads!!:shame:

6. Roaring20s

Roaring20s Well-Known Member

7. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

nice quilt ...strong geometric design , but I don't see any regional affiliation ....

8. Lark

Lark Well-Known Member

Is any part of the quilt machine sewn. It is hard to tell in the picture. If all hand sewn then would make it older and more valuable. If hand quilted then will fetch more because of the very small pieces. I think the quilt is wonderful . The person had a good eye for color. Rarely do you find quilts with that small of pieces.

Aquitaine, komokwa and johnnycb09 like this.
  9. Aquitaine

10. Aquitaine

@Lark, that's one question I'm going to ask....for a GOOD, SHARP Close-up image of the quilt's stitching.....his wife may have a better idea on that!! And thank you for your help too!

11. Aquitaine

Draft saved Draft deleted