Not old, Real or fake Longchamp bag

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by say_it_slowly, Feb 21, 2021.

1. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Clearing out and I think this was a thrift purchase. I'm not well versed in handbags but if this is fake I'll toss it out rather than give away.
    Thank you:).

img20210221_144550.jpg img20210221_144617.jpg img20210221_144641.jpg img20210221_144657.jpg
    img20210221_145651.jpg img20210221_145711.jpg

pearlsnblume likes this.
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

I can't authenticate it for you but... Let's just say that's not the quality I would expect of a LONGCHAMP bag. LONGCHAMP is widely counterfeit and, to my eye, that's what you have, a counterfeit. (You can compare, for instance, the quality of the embossed logo with that on a Le Pliage bag.) I wouldn't hesitate to toss it.

Debora

fullsizeoutput_1037.jpeg

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
    pearlsnblume and say_it_slowly like this.
  3. say_it_slowly

Even to my eye it looks odd too. The way the surface is flaking seems cheesy.

Bakersgma and pearlsnblume like this.
  4. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

OTOH I've rarely seen a fake bag with a lining with the "maker"'s name in the pattern. The "made in France" tag would be unusual in a fake too. If you have a good consignment locally that handles a lot of designer stuff they may well have someone on staff who knows for sure.

say_it_slowly likes this.
  5. say_it_slowly

There used to be such a place a bit out of the way through to be honest, no idea if they're still open and don't remember the name of the place. (I don't go shopping these days). Maybe I'll stick it back away until things are more normal out and have it looked at then.

6. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

My experience is a bit different. I've seen many counterfeit designer bags with logo fabric interiors. And the country of origin tag is just a sewn-in tag. ("France" itself makes me a tad suspicious as so many designer leather bags, regardless of brand headquarters, are made in Italy.) The quality of material is most worrisome. LONGCHAMP leather bags retail in the mid-3 figures up. They look/feel luxurious with lots of eye and hand appeal. If you want to spend the money, you could always have it authenticated. Some resources are here. Cost would be minimal.

Debora

Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 6.15.47 PM.png

say_it_slowly likes this.
  7. say_it_slowly

I'll give it a bit of a think. It's not in perfect shape and primarily I just don't want to pass on a fake anything.

Thank you all for your thoughts:)

Draft saved Draft deleted