Not Nemadji?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Potteryplease, Aug 17, 2024.

1. Potteryplease

Potteryplease Well-Known Member

A garage sale this morning had a collection of Nemadji pottery. I usually leave them behind, as they're hard to resell for much, but these two red / orange ones looked older, and this third vase looked to me like something else entirely.

This 'other' vase is a tad over 6" / 16cm tall. It seems to be made from a form, has the paint applied, is glazed on the interior, and is noticeably heavier than the Nemadji pots.

Does anyone recognize what this third one is?

Thanks as always!

IMG_0987.jpeg IMG_0980.jpeg IMG_0981.jpeg IMG_0982.jpeg IMG_0984.jpeg IMG_0985.jpeg

pearlsnblume likes this.
  2. terry5732

terry5732 Well-Known Member

There's similar from Missouri Arkansas way
    Been seeing a bunch of brand new Asian made at the thrift store too

johnnycb09 and Potteryplease like this.
  3. Potteryplease

Thanks for the idea. I did check Niloak (from Arkansas and similar to Nemadji), but its swirl jars are made from different colored clays and not painted like this one.

pearlsnblume likes this.
  4. LauraGarnet02

LauraGarnet02 Well-Known Member

5. Potteryplease

Thanks Laura! Interesting lead.

It truly looks quite a bit like some of that!

Last edited: Aug 17, 2024
  6. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Possibly Ozark Skag Pottery.

pearlsnblume likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted