Noritake tea set - c1908? Value?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by topher999, Feb 28, 2020.

1. topher999

topher999 New Member

Hi all

I have a hand painted Noritake tea set that I am unsure of whether to keep. It is so fragile and each time I move house I worry it’ll break. I’m considering letting it go but wanted to know if it was a) from the early period of Noritake (I think based on the stamp?) and b) what sort of value it might have?

Thank you in advance
    Christopher 48C19759-7CC7-4A6A-A1A4-70C731635ECC.jpeg 3D7AFD01-23BB-4C65-B8E3-881BF0B10713.jpeg

Attached Files:

Mill Cove Treasures likes this.
  2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Welcome, topher!! Very pretty set.

Have you already read the Noritake section on the Gotheborg site? They do show several versions of this mark and give an earliest registration for it of 1908. But it appears to have been used until some time in the 1920's, so there is more of a "range" than just a single year that could apply.

3. topher999

topher999 New Member

Thank you, Bakersgma!

Ah yes, of course. Thank you for the resource. The set’s style doesn’t help narrow it down.

There is much online about Noritake from this period sadly.

4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

I have a modest collection myself, so I have a real soft spot for your set. I'm quite frugal though so I only buy at thrifts.

I understand that you are concerned about loss or damage during a move, but trying to sell online makes you even more vulnerable. Or would you be selling in some other venue?

PortableTreasures likes this.
  5. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

These are gorgeous!

6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

nice set !!

7. 916Bulldogs123

916Bulldogs123 Well-Known Member

Welcome Topher,
    Very nice set. I think they would date to the mid to late twenties. Certainly after 1921
    Mikey

8. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I wanted to see them this way. Lovely!

noritake set.jpeg

Draft saved Draft deleted