Noritake Golfer

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Martin s, Jan 12, 2024.

1. Martin s

Martin s Well-Known Member

Hi,

Hi i was wondering does anyone have any details about this Noritake Golf porcelaìn statue.it measures about 12 inches and 15 inches to top of golf club.

Thanks in advance for any help

Regards,

Martin

Attached Files:

2. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Looking for "Noritake Golfer Figurine" on Google: there's a whole series of them and they seem to date to the 1930s.

pearlsnblume likes this.
  3. 916Bulldogs123

916Bulldogs123 Well-Known Member

Nippon toki kaisha is a 1940's mark. Post war.
    Mikey

Bakersgma and pearlsnblume like this.
  4. Martin s

Hi there

Yea i see on google similar figurine but golfer with different pose ,described as 1930s showing same stamp as mine.is this stamp 1930s or 1940s as Mikey says then?cant seem to find figurine with same pose as my example but maybe im not looking in right place tho.

Thanks again

moreotherstuff and pearlsnblume like this.
  5. 916Bulldogs123

916Bulldogs123 Well-Known Member

6. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

I would guess prices are comparable on these. If you can find a couple prices regardless of pose, it will probably be a good indicator for the value of yours.

7. Martin s

Thats just it you see. I have only started researching but when looking comparables up on google with regard to possible value and age there are figurines in a putting pose all be it a little smaler tham my eg, listed at 50 to 100 $ and then there are two others similar size to my eg with similar but not exact swing pose ,one with same stamp as mine listed at over 1300 €and another one cant see stamp but is price on request.these are listed at 1930s but one stamp matches my eg but is probably 1940s as mikey pointed out so am confused.

Any way thanks again to ye all for helping me out on this

moreotherstuff likes this.
  8. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

The date isn't likely to make that much difference in price. It might if they continued in production for a very long period, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

9. Martin s

I like my golfer alot more since i started my research.I be interested to see what the price on request one is actually priced at and if it has the same stamp.but all in all if my golfer was to be valued anywhere even close to the half the area of the higher price one seen listed it would be a great suprise to me as i wasnt expecting anything like that when starting out my research.

I was never any good at golf myself tho.

Thanks and if anyone has any further info please let me know

Draft saved Draft deleted