Featured No shhh this isn't another post about a lot...it's an ethnic jewellery question...

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by RachelW, Jan 29, 2024.

1. RachelW

RachelW Well-Known Member

As the title reads: definitely not about another eBay listing.

There's this...selection...of ethnic jewellery that looks pretty legit but I know nothing about it. What say the experts? Antique or otherwise?

The barrel looks older on the triangular shape one. The other two are hook clasps. I'd have said maybe to real stone on the right side necklace, but the back says no, unless there's something about turquoise I don't know.

There's also a costume bracelet that's apparently collectable, Murano beads, and an ivory pendant (as per the description!:dead:)
    Screenshot_2024-01-29-18-57-31-458_com.ebay.mobile.jpg Screenshot_2024-01-29-18-57-59-147_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

Figtree3, johnnycb09 and Any Jewelry like this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

to my eye , nothing here looks old or unusual ......

3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Ditto. It isn't ethnic in the sense of "traditional jewellery worn by the locals".

4. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Save your money, honey.

KSW, Dessert58, kyratango and 2 others like this.
  5. RachelW

Rip okay thank you many, saved me 30odd euros. What gives away the triangular ish shape necklace away as not being..say..deco? Was the barrel not used before the 40s? The chain doesn't look like an old style though.

KSW and johnnycb09 like this.
  6. RachelW

If you're interested in something that you know has a big market and yet you're the only one watching it, I guess that should tell you something :hilarious:

KSW and johnnycb09 like this.
  7. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

The triangle was one of two pieces in there I'd have wanted. It's vintage craft show/artisan work. It's looking for a dude in a turtleneck to wear it. The other would be the millefiore beads in a baggie, suitable for messing with. They're Souvenir of Venice beads. The rest...whatever.

ola402 and KSW like this.
  8. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

The necklace with triangle pendant looks Mexican. If so, should be silver.

Debora

RachelW and GollyGeeWhiz like this.
  9. Marote

Marote Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 29, 2024
    RachelW and GollyGeeWhiz like this.
  10. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

RachelW and Marote like this.
  11. GollyGeeWhiz

GollyGeeWhiz New Member

Yes! My mother picked up a a similar Egyptian revival necklace in the 70s while traveling in Europe. Cool, but nothing special. The beads are made out of porcupine quills!

It all looks 70s-90s to me

RachelW and Marote like this.
  12. RachelW

Annddd this is why I come to you guys! Thank you very much all.

I did wonder this, but the close up didn't look all that promising, I definitely didn't see a mark anyway. Could be though!

komokwa and Marote like this.
  13. RachelW

See yeah this is what I was thinking. I saw one on ebay for a similar price with a similar date, but I don't know if its different to this one.

Marote likes this.
  14. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

The triangular one is 1950s-60s. We get a lot of those overhere in base metal. The one in the photo looks base metal as well.
    Ours were made here, so it was probably a pretty generic design of the period.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2024
    Dessert58, mirana and RachelW like this.
  15. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

You didn't miss anything. It was generic here too. Fun to wear, but nothing crazy.

RachelW likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted