New yet old collector with no money!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by CyberPaddy66, Oct 3, 2020.

1. CyberPaddy66

CyberPaddy66 New Member

Hi one and all,

My user name is CyberPaddy66 and has been since around the creating of the internet but my real name is Patrick Brett and I was born (1966) and raised in London for most of my life and about a decade ago I moved to Cornwall where I now reside. I have been an avid battle and tournament re-enactor for several decades traveling up and down the country and also France, during those times I have managed to collect some (I think) nice pieces from a WW2 Dagger & shaving kit to a Dupont gold lighter of undated quality.

I will create some seperate threads for the pieces I have over time and if anyone knows what they are worth I woulld be eternally grateful for ay input.

I hope some day to find a really nice defunctioned flintlock rifle or pistols to hang on the wall but that is really only a pipe dream of mine.

I hope I don't annoy anyone on here with my requests and I look forward to seeing all the antiques you all have as I trawl the forum for information.

Regards, Paddy.

judy, Aquitaine, Bakersgma and 3 others like this.
  2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum, Paddy.

judy, CyberPaddy66 and Aquitaine like this.
  3. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

All you need without having money is your covid mask, your flintlock pistol and a hoss called Black Bess and you can clean up around Penzance, all that pirate booty for the taking.......... Aaargh.

JayBee, judy, CyberPaddy66 and 2 others like this.
  4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Greetings, Paddy!

judy and CyberPaddy66 like this.
  5. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Howdy, Paddy, and welcome!

Debora

CyberPaddy66 likes this.
  6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Greetings

CyberPaddy66 likes this.
  7. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi Paddy and WELCOME to ANTIQUERS!!!:):) Anxious to see what you've gathered in when you're ready!! If you have any difficulty with getting FULL SIZE (but UNDER 1 MB each!) just give us another shout!! LOTS of help here!!:happy:

CyberPaddy66 likes this.
  8. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Greetings Paddy! Crazy American on this end. I have some Cornish ancestors and was also born in 1966. More money than sense sometimes ... which doesn't actually tell you much about how much money I have!

Aquitaine and CyberPaddy66 like this.
  9. Van_Poperin

Van_Poperin Well-Known Member

Hiya Paddy! Nice to hear about your wish list items. I’m rooting for you to find them all!

CyberPaddy66 likes this.
  10. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

Welcome to the forum!

CyberPaddy66 likes this.
  11. CyberPaddy66

CyberPaddy66 New Member

HAHAHA, I'd have to learn to ride a horse first so watch this space :D

Thank's Aquitaine, I'll definitely ask for help if I have problems, I used to just host everything on Photobucket but now they are charging a monthly fee I took all my pictres down and am still looking for a free hosting site.

I wish I had Cornish ancesters but the truth is I'm 3/4 Irish, 1/8 Scottish & 1/8 English possibly... definitely a total Celt :p

I'm sure I have many more on my list but those are my top ones for now :D

I remembered after posting this and looking through other peoples posts that I do also have some metal detector finds that I got from a really nice chap in Rye which includes a very worn Silver Claddaugh Ring and some rivited Chainmail, he also gave me a possibly Victorian leather needle which was really surprising as at the time I couldn't find a good modern one!

Aquitaine likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted