New Victor School Desk Company Info/History

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Trevor Harvey, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Trevor Harvey

Trevor Harvey New Member

posting a separate post on this topic. Looking for any info on a company called New Victor that made school desks. New Victor May have been just the name of th casting company, as it is on the wrought iron legs of the school desk. I have attached a few pictures of the desk for reference. Thanks for any info that can be provided.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  2. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Trevor, I'm wondering if "New Victor" was a model name(?) There seem to have been New Victor 2's, 3's, 4's, etc. OR, might New Victor have been a division of American Seating Co? (I honestly don't know, but perhaps it's a start.)

I found these blurbs on Google Books. Sorry about the size, but they're cut & pasted:

img0 (153).jpg
    img0 (154).jpg

https://books.google.com/books?id=CGrP1NMsBt8C&pg=RA2-PA111&dq=school+desk+"new+victor"&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj434qW66LfAhUj0FkKHZgHAy4Q6AEIMTAB#v=onepage&q=school desk "new victor"&f=false

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
    Bakersgma likes this.
  3. Trevor Harvey

Trevor Harvey New Member

This is great! With this article I was able to find a new Victor #5 set of desk legs which match mine perfectly. Now I just need to find when the “New Victor # 5” was produced. I am going to guess that it came from American Seating as they bought 18 furniture companies after 1906. But I still can’t find anything on New Victor itself?

SBSVC likes this.
  4. Kendalew

Kendalew New Member

I just bought (today) a New Victor 3 desk. Any information is appreciated. I too, would like to find out what year it was manufactured.

5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Well then...post some photo's so we can see what you have !

Help us , to help you !!

6. Kendalew

Kendalew New Member

7. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Draft saved Draft deleted