New to website,,,,,,intro

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Karen A Givani, Feb 5, 2023.

1. Hi I am Karen and after passing of Mother 93 from Denmark, and West pointer father who did international sales in 40 countries, loosing both, now with so many items i need to know what to do with. I am sure i will be on this website quite a bit, as i am overwhelmed with antiques, and questions.

Need help, my parents just passed, 93 & 94 this year, now boxes of Mothers jewelry,
    most of moms nicest jewelry is from other countries 1960's 1970's I have 2 sets of pearl necklaces, one graduated and one all the same size color.
    How can i know the value if any now of them? i hear pearls loose their value over years. ?

Bronwen and Any Jewelry like this.
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear about your recent losses, Karen. Must all feel a bit overwhelming. You'll find lots of knowledgable people here who can help you sort and identify your mother's jewelry. You'll want to start by posting photographs of both pearl necklaces on the jewelry forum along with the information you have about both.

Debora

NewEngland, Bronwen and Any Jewelry like this.
  3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I am sorry for your loss, Karen. Both parents in one year, that is a lot to deal with.
    I know everyone here will help with identification, if they can.
    You can post your mother's jewellery in this forum:
    https://www.antiquers.com/forums/jewelry.20/

Please include photos of front, back, clasps, and please click on 'full image' when you post.
    You may need to resize photos to below 1mb, preferably 640 x 480k.

4. Here are some pictures of them . thank you so any info would be greatly appriciated.
    One of the boxes says Munetomo stamed on back
    thanks so Karen

Attached Files:

5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Karen, you will get more eyes on your necklaces, and more information, if you post them in the jewelry forum:
    https://www.antiquers.com/forums/jewelry.20/

And people will really appreciate it if you click on 'full image' when you post the photos, so they can see them full size.
    Don't worry, you'll get the hang of it.:)

NewEngland, Aquitaine and Bakersgma like this.
  6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Sorry for your loss , :(
    but it brought you to us !;)

Welcome !

We do not price items here....that is up to you, .. but, if u can provide us with some clear photo's and anything you may already know about the item....we will gladly help you understand what you have and show you were and how to find a current fair market value.

We understand these are family items that may be close to your heart.....there is no value we can place on that, so we can only look dispassionately at what you show us.... and comment on that alone.

If you have treasures....we'll tell you, but also let you know of just run of the mill items as well.

Use. the proper FORUMS.....clear pics and sizes in your descriptions, good titles ( What is this?.....is not a helpful title,,,;):( ) , and we'll be up front in helping you sort thru the history !!

NewEngland likes this.
  7. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

also, close up shots of any makers marks and metal finesse , on any jewelry will be of great help to us too !!:happy:;)

Any Jewelry and Aquitaine like this.
  8. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Welcome! What they said about the marks and images. They'll need their own threads so interested parties can find them, and we really do need images of the marks. That second set of pearls definitely has a mark on the clasp. I bet there's one on the earring backs too.

9. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Welcome. Sorry to hear of your loss.

10. all_fakes

all_fakes Well-Known Member

Sorry for your loss, but welcome to the forum.

Draft saved Draft deleted