Featured New Satsuma to share

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by sassafras, Jun 2, 2022.

1. sassafras

sassafras Well-Known Member

Hi everyone! It's been a long time since I've had a chance to "play" on the boards. Thought I'd share some pics of the new additions. :) 20220602_195705.jpg 20220602_195740.jpg 20220602_200323.jpg 20220602_200811.jpg 20220602_195918.jpg 20220602_200937.jpg

Attached Files:

2. sassafras

3. LauraGarnet02

LauraGarnet02 Well-Known Member

Wow! That is a beautiful collection.

pearlsnblume and judy like this.
  4. Ce BCA

Ce BCA Well-Known Member

Nice, is the plate with Qingao riding the fish possibly a Kutani item (porcelain)?

pearlsnblume and judy like this.
  5. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

Gorgeous porcelain [EDITED: OR EARTHENWARE (THANK YOU SO MUCH Ce BCA I DIDN'T KNOW!)] Thanks for showing it!

I especially love the first 2 photos of the bowl with the men included :)

I would NOT have necessarily thought this to be "Satsuma" although the bases are not shown on the bottom. So thank you again for showing it.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2022
    pearlsnblume likes this.
  6. Lark

Lark Well-Known Member

Wow! very impressive.

7. stracci

stracci Well-Known Member

They are so gorgeous

8. Ce BCA

Ce BCA Well-Known Member

In danger of sounding picky, but Satsuma is necessarily Pottery (Earthenware) and not porcelain. In the spirit of helping others not be confused.

9. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Beautiful pieces!!!!!!

10. sassafras

Thank you so much, everyone! The Qingao bowl is Kutani. I accidentally posted that pic in the first post and had to add the correct photo in the second post. :oops:

11. sassafras

These are pics of the bases showing the marks for those that are interested.

Attached Files:

Draft saved Draft deleted